Our mandate is to promote and foster artistic development, participation and appreciation of arts and culture for the benefit of all Oakville residents; to sustain and foster the community's education and engagement in and with the arts.
It is our vision that all residents will support and appreciate the
arts and culture of our community.
The mission of the Oakville Arts Council is to grow the
community's engagement in the arts, champion artistic development
and sustain our beneficial cultural presence.
Who is the Oakville Arts Council?
The Oakville Arts Council is a leader in providing services and professional development opportunities for artists and arts organizations.
We are the arts portal for the community, offering the most comprehensive calendar of arts events available as well as up-to-date news, information and statistics about the sector.
Enriching the creative life of Oakville, Cogeco Stars Among Us is Oakville's art awards, celebrating and highlighting local talent in all arts disciplines. An annual red carpet affair not to be missed!
We have recently joined forces with another leader in the arts. CommUnity Arts Space and the Oakville Arts Council have begun to merge together to create a stronger arts organization. CommUnity Arts Space (CUAS) was formed in response to the challenge faced by arts groups in finding appropriate space to rehearse and perform. Through research and surveys, the idea of a versatile facility that would accommodate the needs of each arts discipline, emerged. The CUAS mandate is to further the support and advocacy for a community space with provisions for arts and music groups, and with the opening of QEPCCC, the efforts of both groups will be streamlined in a central location where all artists can be accommodated.
Currently, the organization consists of a 15-member Board of Directors and an operational base of one full-time Executive Director, a part-time Communications Manager, a Membership and Development Director and two part-time staff working in membership.
Our current membership is comprised of over 250 professional and community performing arts groups, arts businesses and individual artists across the Heritage & Culture, Literary Arts, Performing Arts, Media Arts, and Visual Arts sectors.
Along with recognition as contributors to the collective voice of the arts in Oakville, members are entitled to a variety of services, publications and resources.
The Oakville Arts Council is a not-for-profit charitable organization that serves a membership of artists and arts organizations, as well as the general public, as the definitive arts information service in Oakville. We exist to foster and sustain community engagement in the arts while championing artistic development. By enabling local artists and arts organizations and encouraging participation in the arts we enrich the creative life of our Town. We promote the arts as vital to achieving a healthy, innovative and vibrant community.
How do we achieve our goals?
- We maintain a comprehensive and up to date Arts Calendar and Arts Directory that the public can access to create or participate in local arts activity.
- We run the artistic community brochure racks program to get arts information into the hands of the residents of Oakville.
- We are the definitive resource and referral source for arts information in Oakville.
- We mentor artists and arts organizations by sharing information, consulting, and educating our members on topics such as business management, marketing, professional development, peer networking, fundraising, and availability and accessibility of arts space
- We maintain open communication through a variety of media, including the internet, print media, direct communication to members and subscribers, social media, and our website.
- We foster, promote and champion Oakville artists and arts organizations in their programming.
Charitable organizations depend on support from the community.
Click here to Donate today!